Program Name: Money Management
Location/Contact Information: 35 Mt. Carmel Ave., 2nd Floor, Chicopee, MA 01013 (413) 531-3602
- The participant will meet with a Client Service Coordinator once a month to work on monthly budget and spending habits.
- Participant will attend 4 money management related workshops and 2 workforce related workshops throughout the 8 month program.
- As part of the program participant will have an initial consultation with a Workforce Counselor to explore career options, receive help with resume.
Participants who participate in the Money Management Program will:
- Have a better understanding of main stream banking.
- Be able to set up and understand their budget.
- Learn to prioritize their bills.
- Learn the importance of creating a savings nest.
- Learn how to set up a payment schedule.
- Be able to set up a spending diary to better understand where their money is going.
- Be given resources to help with credit repair.
For participating and completing the Money Management Program participants will receive incentives in the form of:
- Small rental stipend.
- Partial utility assistance.
- Assistance paying child care.
- Gift card for grocery shopping.
- Pay for a course which will lead to better employment.
The only eligibility requirement for the program is that potential participant must live in our service area.
All of Hampden County, Granby and South Hadley