Regional Employment Board Youth Works
Program Name: Regional Employment Board Youth Works
35 Mt. Carmel Ave
Chicopee, MA 01013
The primary goal of the Summer Employment Program is to work in collaboration with the Regional Employment Board. This collaboration helps us provide a structured well supervised work experience for low income; at risk youth ages 14-21.
Youth ages 14-17 must have valid work permit. Also, all youth must complete a Work Readiness Training once chosen for a position.
The REB Youth Works Program guidelines are as follows:
Must fall under the income guidelines to qualify (200% of Federal Poverty). Also, there are risk factors that are strongly considered when choosing youth and they are as follows:
- A history of juvenile delinquency. Either having the status of "court involved", in the custody of DYS, or on juvenile court probation.
- Poor academic performance or a school dropout
- Homelessness or being a runaway
- Having aged out of foster care, or being close to aging out of foster care
- Being the child of a single working parent
- Having a disability or special needs
- Lack of fluency in English, or being a foreign immigrant
- Being a teen parent
- Income eligible only
REB Youth Works serves Chicopee