Designed for English for Speakers of Other Languages students who are unable to attend regular classes due to their work schedule, family obligations or other reasons. Students meet with the Distance Learning Coach for intake and assessment to determine their eligibility for services.
- Eligible students are referred to a hub where a teacher communicates with them online
- Students work at their own pace on software designed to help them improve their understanding, speaking, reading and writing in English
- Students are supported online by the teacher and coach
- Occasional in-person meetings with the advisor for assessment and advising
The Adult Basic Education Program eligibility guidelines are as follows:
- Education programs are offered for those 16 years of age and older who are not enrolled in high school
- Students of all income levels are welcome