Early Education and Care Mission Statement:
The Early Education and Care Department will passionately represent the VOC mission by providing high quality early education experiences for children and their families. Through the use of agency and community resources and high quality early educational programming, we will strengthen and empower families and increase positive outcome opportunities for children and their families. The department will have a supportive, effective infrastructure that will be finanically viable, strong, and effective.
What will you find in a VOC Early Education program?
- Children and adults feel welcome when they visit the program. Educators help new children adjust to the program environment and make friends with other children.
- All families are welcome and encouraged to be involved in all aspects of the program.
- Educators engage in warm, friendly conversations with the children and encourage and recognize children’s work and accomplishments.
- Children are given opportunities to learn and develop through exploration and play.
- Materials and equipment spark children’s interest and encourage them to experiment and learn.
- Activities are designed to help children get better at reasoning, solving problems, getting along with others, using language, and developing other skills.
- Educators modify strategies and materials to respond to the needs and interests of individual children, engaging each child and enhancing learning.
- Families receive information about their child’s development and learning on a regular basis.
- Educators have educational qualifications and specialized knowledge about young children and early childhood development.
- The program uses a variety of strategies to communicate with families, including family conferences, new family orientations, and individual conversations.
- Snacks and meals are nutritious and food is prepared and stored safely.
- Educators are CPR and First Aid certified and undergo a thorough background record check.
Early Education and Care Staff List
Phone (413) 552-1559
|Director of Early Education and Care||Jennifer Malone||x325|
|Priority Populations Manager||Rae-Ann Rogers||x315|
|Educator Support Manager||Norma Cartagena||x306|
|Enrollment Manager||Jessica King||x329|
|Lead Center Director||Heather Carr||x335|
|Program Nurse||Lisa Dube||x321|
|Program Assistant||Diane Cruz||x301|
|Educator Billing Assistant||Pat Laughlin||x311|
|Enrollment Specialist/Vouchers||Dolines Morales||x303|
|Enrollment Specialist/Contracts||Evelyn Berrios||x302|
|Enrollment Specialist||Yolanda Vargas||x304|
|Enrollment Specialist||Katie Colon||x319|
|Social Worker||Melissa Fitzgerald||x310|
|Social Worker||Kathy Stark||x309|
|Social Worker||Brenda Delgado||x320|
|Social Worker||Hilda Schwartzwald||x322|
|Social Worker Assistant & PEG Enrollment Specialist||Lakisha Cruz||x323|
|Educator Support Specialist||Jennifer Natal||x307|
|Educator Support Specialist||Cathy Farrell||x308|
|Educator Support Specialist||Jordan Stevens||x312|
|Billing Specialist||Marlene King||x305|
|Billing Specialist||Maritza Soto||x305|
Click on the program name below to learn more about our Early Education and Care programs.