Agency Update Regarding Service Availability
Here at VOC, we know this is a challenging time for everyone, and we are doing our best to ensure the health of our staff and our community members. If you, or someone in your family, are feeling sick, please do not come into the office. We will likely be able to help you over the phone, so please call instead of coming in. Program specific information is listed below but, when in doubt, please give us a call at 552-1554. If you get our voicemail, please leave a message, someone will call you back. We have been receiving guidance from local, state, and federal sources to help us determine how we can safely provide ongoing programming to meet the needs of our community. Below is the current status of all of our programs; we will continue to update you as we get more information.
- All of our early education centers remain closed. Center-Based programs will open on Wednesday, July 1st. Family Child Care programs are opening up on varying dates. Prior to returning to either program, you must receive confirmation from a member of our team. If you have not yet received a call, please call us at 552-1559.
- Fuel assistance is completing intakes over the phone. We encourage everyone to call and complete their appointment over the phone. Please consider the safety of our staff before coming into the office, please call 552-1548 (press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and then 4 to speak with a live person). The office is open from 8:30-4:30 M-F.
- WIC is also able to complete many of our appointments over the phone. Please call them before coming in for your appointment, Holyoke: 534-2460, Chicopee 612-0214, Westfield 568 1007, and Ludlow 589-1551.
- All VITA appointments will be rescheduled for the next two weeks. The IRS has announced a 90 extension, tax returns are due on July 15th.
- Our housing department is only doing emergency maintenance, all other requests are on hold. For questions, please call 594-3271.
- All Adult Education in-person classes have been canceled but the program is continuing virtually until further notice. To get information about high school equivalency classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for English for Speakers of Other Languages please email email@example.com.
- Senior Companions will be conducting check-ins via phone, home visits have been suspended. For questions, please call 612-0229.
- EOC and GEAR UP are providing student advising and financial aid services virtually. Please call 437-2040 for an appointment.
- Cabot Manor After-school programming is closed until the schools are back in session.
The Valley Opportunity Council is the largest and most diverse Community Action Agency in the area. With this federal designation, VOC has established a powerful network of support and collaborative services intended to encourage community members to actively achieve self-sufficiency for themselves and their families.
As Executive Director here at Valley Opportunity Council since 2006, it has been my goal to facilitate and grow our programs, ensuring they continue to strengthen and lift up our community members. Alongside my excellent staff, I pledge to carry on this work. I hope you'll take a moment to browse our site to learn about the exciting new adult, family and youth programming designed to help our participants thrive and succeed.