The Mt. Carmel and Montgomery Street After-School Programs offer after-school activities to children ages 5 to 12. However, if a child is 5 years old, they must be in Kindergarten in order to be eligible for the after-school program.
What does the after-school program offer?
- Children receive help with homework, preparing them for academic success in school.
- Organized arts and crafts activities are offered to maximize creativity.
- Activities such as foosball, board games, sports and team-oriented games help children learn teamwork and develop social skills.
Along with meeting a service need, family income can’t be more than 50% of State Median Income in order to qualify for tuition assistance.
Service Area: The Mt. Carmel and Montgomery Street After-Schools Programs can serve any parent from Massachusetts that has a child care voucher and wants their child to attend the program located in Chicopee. Parents who are going to pay out of pocket are also able to participate.
- Mt. Carmel Center: 35 Mt. Carmel Avenue, 1st floor, Chicopee, MA 01013
- Montgomery Street Center: 374 Montgomery Street, Chicopee, MA 01020
In order to be eligible for After-School Program tuition assistance, a participant must be:
- Working 30 + hours
- Going to school full-time (12 credits)
- Attending school part-time (6 credits) and working part-time (hours must add up to at least 25 hours)
- Enrolled in a full-time training program
- The parent of a child with a documented special need.
- A parent who is incapacitated
- A grandparent or guardian
- The program accepts vouchers from New England Farm Workers’ Council and private pay
Click on the program name below to learn more about the other services we offer for youth: