Are you a first-time fuel assistance applicant looking to make an appointment? You can now make your appointment online; just click the link below to make your appointment today!
You can make your appointment at any one of our three sites. These are the days of the week and times when you can make an appointment with someone who speaks a language other than English:
- Appointments available Monday-Thursday from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Spanish, Arabic, Italian, and French, all day, every day
- Appointments available Monday-Wednesday from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Spanish all day on Monday and Wednesday
- Russian all day on Tuesday
- Appointments available Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Russian all day, every day
Fuel Assistance (also known as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) helps eligible households challenged by the high cost of home heating fuel pay a portion of their winter heating bills.
This program provides assistance through a fixed benefit amount for the cost of the primary source of heat, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Natural Gas
Household Size compared to Maximum Annual Gross Income:
- 1 Person Household: $37,360
- 2 Person Household: $48,855
- 3 Person Household: $60,351
- 4 Person Household: $71,846
- 5 Person Household: $83,341
- 6 Person Household: $94,837
- 7 Person Household: $96,992
- 8 Person Household: $99,147
- 9 Person Household: $101,303
- 10 Person Household: $103,458
- Applicants must reside in Hampden County (except Springfield)
- Household income cannot exceed 60% of the Estimated State Median Income
- Those who have heat included in their rent and meet income and residence eligibility may be eligible to receive a subsidy for a portion of their monthly income from November to April
- Those who have heat included in their rent and have a subsidy must pay over 30% of their income towards rent in order to be eligible
- Those who live in public housing are not eligible (are already state or federally aided)