Main Street Shelter
The Main Street Shelter is a 14-room family congregate shelter that provides homeless families with shelter and service coordination. Services include:
- Intensive case management
- Housing searches
- School enrollment
- Referrals to work training programs, food and clothing assistance, mental health and substance addiction counseling
- Domestic Violence counseling
- Money management counseling
- Nutrition classes
- Children’s groups
- Stabilization services are also provided to participants for six months to one year after they are placed in sustainable housing units.
Scattered Site Permanent Supportive Housing
VOC provides scattered site permanent supportive housing for chronically homeless families. This program serves families who have had long shelter stays and are assessed as needing supportive housing in order to be able to exit shelter successfully.
Participants receive regular case management to assist them in maintaining housing and working toward self-sufficiency. Families each pay 30% of their income for rent.