Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work for the area’s leading non-profit Community Action agency? If so come join Valley Opportunity Council, whose work positively impacts the lives of local residents every day. Below are the positions currently open. Resumes, cover letters/letters of interest, and references can be mailed or dropped off to our HR Director:
Human Resource Director
35 Mt. Carmel Ave, 2nd Floor
Chicopee, MA 01013
If you would like to email your resume, please fill out the contact us form at the bottom of the page and we'll send you the email address. Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
General Description Responsible for the daily operation of the Early Education & Child Care Center with Enrollment less than forty (40). Functions as lead member of the teaching staff, assuming classroom duties. Develop, implement and monitor the educational curriculum of the Child Care Program designed to meet the cognitive, social, emotional, and health needs of each child at the Center, as required by Agency policies and EEC regulations and policies.
- Teach 50% of the day and assume administrative responsibilities the other 50% of the day.
- Responsible for curriculum development and implementation as well as regular progress reports.
- Assure compliance with EEC, Health, Building, and Fire requirements in all areas.
- Pursue and maintain NAEYC accreditation
- Foster the integration and use of the MA QRIS standards
- Assist the enrollment office in acquiring paperwork for client financial assistance.
- Assist in parent fee collection, as outlined by the Fiscal Department.
- Plan and arrange for the acquisition and optimum use of all necessary teaching and educational materials via Purchase Requisition process.
- Supervise all classroom staff members
- Meet with individual staff members on a monthly basis.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals of each Center staff member including goal setting. Monitor progress in goal achievement on a regular basis.
- Encourage staff development, including attendance at workshops and participation in college courses leading to a college degree.
- Organize parent meetings and conferences, as necessary.
- Organize and lead monthly Center staff meetings.
- Attend biweekly departmental staff meetings.
- Maintain all areas of the Center in an attractive, sanitary, and orderly fashion.
- Conduct child intakes/family intakes.
- Completion of grants and proposals upon request.
- Represent child care programs at community meetings when requested.
- Oversee the annual inventory of classrooms and office equipment in the child care center.
- Assist in planning and development of center-based expansion projects
- Work with EEC, families, early intervention programs, and public schools to access services for students with special needs.
- Participate in meetings regarding students with special needs or families in need of social services, when requested.
- Provide liaison service between families, service professionals, and community services.
- Participate in hiring teaching staff, in conjunction with the Lead Center Director
- Coordinate flow of paperwork from the Center to the Main Office.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and/or administrative staff.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the Center.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Position requires Bachelor’s Degree, EEC Director Certification, strong communication and supervisory skills, familiarity with QRIS, and NAEYC accreditation.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume. AA/EOE
Center Lead Teacher
- Work cooperatively with Supervisors in teaching, program planning, and general operation of the classroom.
- Provide training and leadership to staff in cooperation with the Center Director.
- Assume responsibilities for daily operations of the center in the Director’s absence.
- Must have EEC Lead Teacher certification
- At least 9 months’ experience in a licensed child care setting with age appropriate children
- Ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations, where possible, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. AA/EOE.
General Description: 30-35 hrs/wk, $16.00/hr. Pro-rated full-time benefits, incl. health insurance and paid vacation and holidays. Answer phones and field inquiries for adult education programs. Enter data into funder databases, maintain spreadsheets, prepare student folders, track information, and documents, develop outreach materials, make reminder calls to students. Other special projects as needed.
Required qualifications: H.S. diploma or equivalent. Bilingual English/Spanish. Experience with customer service. Strong computer literacy skills, e.g., advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, proficiency w/ Excel, ability to quickly learn to use program-specific databases.
Preferred qualifications: Certificate or AA/AS in office administration/clerical assistant or human services.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. A background screening/CORI is required for this position. AA/EOE
Youth Program Advisor
General Description: 31 hours per week, 43 weeks per year. Pro-rated, full-time benefits, incl. health insurance and paid vacation and holidays. Design and lead workshops on life skills, career exploration, and college or workforce readiness advising to out-of-school youth (likely via videoconferencing). Work with instructors to help students reach their goals. Connect youth with employers for subsidized work experiences. Keep detailed records, write case notes, file reports.
Required qualifications: Bachelors degree or Associates w/relevant experience. Minimum of one year’s experience working with out-of-school youth or other at-risk populations. Good time management, organizational, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, email, videoconferencing, etc.).
Preferred qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in human services, counseling, or education. Two years’ experience working with out-of-school youth. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. A background screening/CORI is required for this position. AA/EOE.
Specific Essential Duties
- Maintenance of housing sites in compliance with State building codes, subsidy regulations and funding source requirements.
- Building repair projects as designated by supervisor. This includes but is not limited to :
- Assist in the preparation of market ready units, including removing trash from vacant apartments prior to make-ready.
- Assist in the repair of mechanical, paint, carpentry, some plumbing and electrical problems as needed in a timely manner.
- Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on available apartments, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills for communicating with residents, co-workers, and management.
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to and foster a team approach to serving residents and maintaining a successful community.
- Assist maintenance team with snow removal.
- Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, building exteriors, leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings.
- Contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by cleaning vacant apartments and common areas daily.
Valid Driver’s Licenses, Own tools, and Transportation, Five years in building maintenance.
Send letter of application, resume, and names and contact information of 3 references.
Enrollment and billing manager
The VOC Early Education department is looking for an Enrollment & Billing Manager. The Enrollment and Billing Manager will provide oversight of the Early Education enrollment and billing system and the enrollment and billing team. The Enrollment Manager is responsible for marketing, having clear systematic enrollment and billing procedures, and for maximizing enrollment. The Enrollment and Billing Manager must have a Bachelor’s Degree and management experience.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume.
Direct Care Staff
Immediate openings are available for Direct Care Staff at our homeless shelter. Full-time shifts. 3:00pm-11:00pm and 11:00pm-7:00 am.
- Conduct intakes interviews
- Assess immediate medical/ Psychiatric emergency needs/provide referrals
- Case Management
- Maintain records of all activities
- Data Entry
- Provide on call back up
- Ensure All shelter rules and regulations are followed/other duties assigned by Supervisor
- High School Diploma
- 1 – 2 Years of relevant experience Ability to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations, where possible, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume.