child care openings now available throughout hampden county! please call 552-1559 for more information or to enroll.
Family-Based Child Care
Family-Based Child Care is a community-based network of educators who offer early education and care to children in a home setting. Educators are licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, and offer early care and education for children from infancy to school age.
Family-Based Child Care is currently available in Holyoke, Chicopee, Springfield, West Springfield, Westfield, Agawam, Feeding Hills, South Hadley and Wilbraham.
Along with meeting a service need, family income can’t be more than 50% of State Median Income in order to qualify for tuition assistance.
Transportation may be available to participants who:
- Live more than one-half (1/2) mile from the program
- Do not have access to a vehicle
- Do not have access to public transportation
- Have a verified and documented disability/special need that prevents them from transporting their child(ren)
- Have a work schedule that prevents them from transporting their child(ren) to or from care
In order to be eligible for Family-Based Child Care tuition assistance, parents must be:
- Working 30 + hours
- Going to school full-time (12 credits)
- Attending school part-time (6 credits) and working part-time (hours must add up to at least 25 hours)
- Enrolled in a full-time training program
- The parent of a child with a documented special need
- A parent who is incapacitated
- A grandparent or guardian
- New England Farm Workers’ Council vouchers and DCF referrals accepted